Happy Friday, Loves! It's no secret that I have failed tremendously on my Give Thanks posts. I think I was a little over ambitious and I have begun to resent these posts. Which of course is the exact OPPOSITE of what I wanted to accomplish! So! I'm going to take a little pressure off and when I feel thankful for something I will share it. Today, I am feeling especially thankful (& so blessed) so I am going to share 11 things I'm thankful for on 11.11.11. I'm also going to make a wish at 11:11 AM & 11:11 PM so I can cross another thing off my 101 in 1001 list! :)
Today I am thankful for:
1.Veterans. I am so blessed to live in a country where brave men & women protect my rights each and everyday while risking their lives. It's amazing and so selfless.
2. My best, friend Lindsay. Today is her 26th birthday. I have a thing about even-year birthdays and the fact that this year it falls on 11.11.11 just makes me even more positive that this is going to be a great year for her! She is seriously my other half. We are so different in so many ways but yet have so much in common! Love you, bestest! (est, est, est!) :)
3. My grandpa. Yesterday was his 80th (EIGHTIETH) birthday! I love him so much and he has been such an amazing example of what a Godly man should be and has shown me how a husband should treat his wife. He is so sweet and caring and I don't know what I'd do without him! :)
4. The fact that I have nothing planned for this weekend. The month of October (and until last weekend) was crazy. I had something big planned every weekend. They were all fun things and I'm glad they were happening but I am super excited to get some things done around my apartment! :)
5. My new little Instagram widget. I love having a stream of my photos on my sidebar!
6. My job(s). First for my day job because the creative business can be a little fickle and one day you're doing super well and the next things are slow. I get calls everyday from people who are looking for jobs. Most of them have been without work for awhile and it just breaks my heart. I wish we could hire them all. (And I know I've already said I'm thankful for my job, but with this economy, I think it deserves another shout out!)
7. My space heater. Our office is SO cold and today it is actually cold outside (boo-hoo) so I am freeeezzzzing! It's helping work be a little bearable and keeping my feet toasty warm!
8. Pandora. It's pretty slow/quiet in the office today so I'm happy for my "Meet Virginia Radio" today!
9. Pinterest. What was life like before Pinterest? Can you tell me? Because I certainly do not remember. It is hands down the best way to organize inspiration and I have found so many cool projects to do!
10. Mouse traps. Yeah, it's kind of morbid but you do what you gotta do. Last night I set a trap and lets just say I think my mouse problem is solved.
11. Life. That's a pretty broad thing I know but I am so thankful for this life I've been given. I don't always acknowledge how good I have it, but I'm pretty blessed. I want to do better living in the now and not get so wrapped up in my dreams and plans for the future. I'm 25 and I have a whole lot of life ahead of me, God willing, and I don't want to miss a single moment.
So there you have it. That's what I'm most thankful for today! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you next week! I'll have some updates from the studio and hopefully be around a bit more frequently! :)