photo via we heart it
Well, it's Monday. Again. Funny how that dreadful day always comes back around. And how awful that I now refer to Monday as dreadful? Must change this! Anyway, one of the tasks on my 101 in 1001 list is to complete the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind". So, enjoy!
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
17. I still haven't completely realized that I'm technically an adult. I want so badly to believe that I don't have a care in the world. Ahh, wouldn't that be nice? :)
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
I want to say failing, but I know the answer is never trying! That's something I'm working on. I need to quit being afraid to fail and just do!
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
I don't know. I ask myself this question almost on a daily basis. I guess the answer is because in order to do the things we really want to do, we have to do the not-so-fun things. Like work, yuck! The trick is finding a balance and enough time to do the things you really want to in life.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
This is a good possibility since I like to talk a lot, but hopefully I've done enough to show for all the talking I've done! haha
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
The devestation in third world countries. It's so sickening that just the American actors and athletes alone could provide for the majority of these people. The average yearly income of a Haitian is $400. It's not like they need much. I'm thankful that celebrities give, but I have a hard time applauding them for giving an amount anywhere in the thousands. These people make millions and could honestly do much more. If I had even a million dollars, I know I would do so much with it.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Probably anything to do with children, missions, or charity. The payback you get from those sort of things is ridiculous
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
At the moment, settling for what I'm doing. Must change this.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Probably be more aware of the time I had left and do everything I could to make sure I spent as much time as possible with the ones I love.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I'd say about 40%. If there is something I really want, I go for it, but God is the one in control whether I like it or not.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing the right things. Of course I want to do things right, but I'm more concerned with doing the right things.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Stick up for my friend. Well, first of all let me say that anyone who criticizes my friends without justification is not someone I would admire in the first place. Secondly, people will respect you more in return if you stand up for what you believe in. My friends are so important to me and there is no way I'm just going to sit back and let someone say "distasteful" things about them. No siree.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
To go after their dreams and not let anyone tell them they can't do something. Kind of cliche, but still true nonetheless.
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
I guess it depends on the situation. To save their life? Absolutely. To keep them out of trouble? Proably not.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Umm, Andy Warhol?
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I have absolutely no clue.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Because we're all different and have different interests. Duh..
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Pretty much everything I want to do has not happened yet because of money. So MONEY is holding me back!
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
I'll just say that I have a very hard time of letting go of things, whatever the situation may be. So I'll answer yes, and then say I'm working on it. :)
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Tennessee, because it's beautiful and I have lots of family there.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
No, once is most definitely enough.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
- Why are you, you?
Because God made me that way! And obviously the experiences that have helped shape me!
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I think so. I know I can be difficult sometimes and I have my bitchy moods but I also am good to the ones I love. I'd do anything for them, and I'm pretty sure they know that. I don't ditch them and I'm loyal. Those are the things most important to me in a friendship.
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
When a good friend moves away. Of course its sad when you lose touch with a good friend, but people change and you don't always have the same things in common with old friends. I have experienced both and I have to say its much harder when they move away because you don't want to spend time apart but you have to! Miss you Jennifer!
- What are you most grateful for?
My loving family and caring friends.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Ah, I don't know. I keep going back and forth. I'm pretty young so I'd hate to not be able to make any new memories, but the ones I have are pretty awesome too!
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Well, my biggest fears are spiders, going to sleep, and being alone. So all of the above accept being alone! I am surrounded by awesome people!
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Yes and no, thankfully it does not. There are ups and downs in life and whether we want to believe it or not, life does go on, no matter how awful we may feel at the moment. "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the Heaven.." -Ecclesiastes 3:1
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Too many to even name.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
When I was on a missions trip in Haiti. The people of Prosper changed my life.
- If not now, then when?
August 2010 (& hopefully again in December! Yay for going back to Haiti!)
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Because we are only human.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
No, because there are a lot of people I want to give money to so it would go fast. A million dollars would not last very long in my hands!
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
Most definitely more work that I enjoy doing. Right now I'm working a job I never thought I would have. It's a typical 8 hr desk job and I can't believe I'm that person. Never in my life did I think this is what I'd be doing. It's not terrible, and most of the time its interesting, but its not what I'm passionate about!
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Umm, maybe not 100 but a lot here in the past month or so! I'm at work (obviously not working, oops!) and wishing I were somewhere else!
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Wow. Tough question. How in the world would you choose? I would definitely try and visit as many of them as I could, and for sure would not go to sleep! That sounds like a nightmare and thankfully that's pretty much impossible considering the people I love are spread around the globe!
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Absolutely, positively not. No way would I even consider this.
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive means you're just here, doing what you can to get through the day. Truly living, I believe, is when you are living your life for Jesus Christ and you know that his life is not the end. It's spending your time with the people who matter most and doing the things you are passionate about.
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
What does "calculating risk and rewards" mean? haha I never think anything through, which is probably a bad thing but sometimes its better to just stop thinking and just do!
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because, although learning from our mistakes is an important step in self growth, making mistakes is no fun. Who actually wants to do that? Not I. :)
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I don't think I would have gone to college. I believe I can be successful doing what I want to do even without my degree, but I know society would have looked down on me.
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Ya know, I have absolutely no clue. Is that something I should do? haha
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love design. Every bit of it and pretty much everything I do reflects that.
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Not sure if I'll remember yesterday, today, or tomorrow but I know I have made lots of memories with lots of special people and I plan to continue doing just that.
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
Always making them myself, but constantly trying to not let others influence me.