I'm single and I like it. Shocking I know. For some reason it's extremely hard for our society to understand that a person can truly be happy and single at the same time. If there's one thing I learned from years of watching Sex & the City its that you can be single and fabulous in your twenties, thirties, and wait for it, even your forties. Many of my friends and people I went to school with are tying the knot and even having babies. That's great for them, honestly, it's just not what I'm looking for at age 24. No, I'm not saying that if the right person came along I would turn him away, but I am saying that I am in no way, shape, or form looking/hoping to be in a relationship anytime soon. Single is not a disease that needs to be cured. It is not a problem that needs to be fixed. The amount of excuses and "helpful advice" people feel the need to give you to help you with your "problem" is ridiculous.
- You have to appear available. Don't come across as too desperate.
- You are too picky. Not everyone is perfect.
- You have to love yourself completely before you can love someone else.
- Someone will come into your life when you least expect it.
- You gotta put yourself out there.
- You're too busy, you need to make yourself available.